You are safe. You belong. You matter.
We work towards a world where LGBTIQ+ forcibly displaced people are included in societies and are safe, free and supported.
Forcibly Displaced People Network (FDPN) is the first organisation in Australia to dedicate its work to the issues of LGBTIQ+ forced displacement and be driven by the lived experience of it.
FDPN is established to promote human rights and inclusion of LGBTIQ+ persons in forced displacement through peer support and strengthening services and policy responses.
How You Can Help
Become our monthly donor
Join us as we create a safer place for LGBTIQ+ forcibly displaced people, a loving community, a safe home and a life in dignity.
Sign up to the Canberra Statement
Affirm the rights of LGBTIQ+ people seeking asylum and refugees to safety, justice and freedom.
Learn more about the plight
Get the most recent resources.
How We Help
Queer Sisterhood Project
Join a group for queer refugee women.
Refugee-led peer support
Connect with with other LGBTIQ+ refugee-led groups around Australia.
Information and resources
Get useful resources to help navigate the life in Australia.
- What you need to know about Census in AustraliaWhat happens if I haven’t completed my Census? If you don’t complete it, you could be fined up to $222 a day. When you need to complete the Census? TONIGHT! Tuesday 10 August 2021You can fill in your form onlineLink to Census https://www.census.abs.gov.au Who needs to participate? Everyone who is living in Australia this includes:Continue reading “What you need to know about Census in Australia”
- 70 years of Refugee Convention: who is left behind?This week marks the 70th anniversary of the UN Refugee Convention. For the past 70 years, thanks to the international human rights law displaced people have been getting access to safety and protection. But who is left behind? While LGBTIQ+ people who are subjected to persecution can seek asylum and get a refugee status, theContinue reading “70 years of Refugee Convention: who is left behind?”
- Another life is taken: statement on the death of an LGBTIQ+ refugee in Kakuma campApril 13, 2021 Forcibly Displaced People Network (FDPN) condemns all targeted and hate based violence against lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) asylum seekers and refugees currently stranded in refugee camps and similar temporary accommodation across the world. FDPN was made aware through a media statement by UNHCR in Kenya that an LGBTIQ+Continue reading “Another life is taken: statement on the death of an LGBTIQ+ refugee in Kakuma camp”
- 2021 Impact ReportForcibly Displaced People Network (FDPN) is the first registered LGBTIQ+ refugee-led organisation in Australia. It was officially registered in 2020. FDPN does not receive any funding to cover staff hours. FDPN supports LGBTIQ+ asylum seekers, refugees and forced migrants originating from non- Western countries. We are a member of Refugee Council of Australia, Settlement CouncilContinue reading “2021 Impact Report”
- Expressions of Interest: Join as FDPN member or Board DirectorWould you thrive in a role that is making a real difference to the lives of forcibly displaced LGBTIQ+ people? Forcibly Displaced People Network (FDPN) is an organisation established to promote the inclusion of LGBTIQ+ forcibly displaced people. We are looking for members to join our organisation. New members can then nominate to serve onContinue reading “Expressions of Interest: Join as FDPN member or Board Director”