We are seeking individuals who identify as LGBTIQ+ and have experienced forced displacement to join the LGBTIQ+ Refugee Advisory Group. Your lived experience of forced displacement is a unique knowledge that should inform policy and practice.
If you are interested and motivated to improve the lives of LGBTIQ+ forcible displaced people we are looking for you!
Who is eligible:
- LGBTIQ+ people who have experienced forced displacement (this includes being a person seeking asylum, refugee, migrant from a non-Western country, undocumented person or person who’ve been trafficked)
- over 18 years old
- currently living in Australia or in any country in the Asia Pacific region
- able to meet by Zoom every 6-8 weeks
- available for a 3 hour training in August (by Zoom)
- conversational knowledge of English
What is LGBTIQ+ Refugee Advisory Group:
LGBTIQ+ Refugee Advisory Group is a part of the Forcibly Displaced People Network (FDPN) that will advice it on the areas and topics of LGBTIQ forced displacement that FDPN need to address. FDPN currently runs multiple projects where your voice will be instrumental to their success.
LGBTIQ+ Refugee Advisory Group is not a board and does not have voting rights.
LGBTIQ+ Refugee Advisory Group will be meeting every 6-8 by weeks. Once members are selected, training will be provided. Members of the LGBTIQ+ Refugee Advisory Group will be reimbursed with gift cards for every meeting they attend. Previous experience on similar advisory groups is not required.
- Drive the change and inclusion of LGBTIQ+ people who have been forcibly displaced
- Get training and leadership opportunities
How to apply:
Fill out this form (https://forms.gle/AD5hxER7oeXx5vuL9) by midnight August 2, 2020.