Would you thrive in a role that is making a real difference to the lives of forcibly displaced LGBTIQ+ people?
Forcibly Displaced People Network (FDPN) is an organisation established to promote the inclusion of LGBTIQ+ forcibly displaced people. We are looking for members to join our organisation. New members can then nominate to serve on the Board of FDPN. These are volunteer and non-executive roles. The role of a Board Director has an initial one-year term.
Your role as a member:
- As a member of FDPN you have an opportunity to define the strategic direction of the organisation and contribute to its development.
- You can nominate yourself to become a Board Director for a more hands on role in ensuring that LGBTIQ+ forcibly displaced people are supported, included and welcomed in Australia.
- New members are approved by the current Board of Directors.
Your role as a Board Director:
- As a Board Director, you ensure the governance and compliance of the organisation with the relevant legislation.
- You manage and direct all activities of the organisation.
- Only members can nominate themselves for a role of a Board Director. These roles are voted by all members.
How to apply
Expressions of interest to join the FDPN Board of Directors close on Sunday 19th of September at midnight.
Apply online: https://bit.ly/FDPNMember
To discuss this role further please email email@example.com
19.09.2021 Applications to become a member close
23.09.2021 You are notified of the outcome of your application
25.09.2021 Attend our Annual General Meeting (AGM) as a new member and/or nominate yourself to become a board director (please note that you are required to attend the AGM; you can nominate a proxy if you are unable to attend)
Who should join as a member:
- If you are an enthusiastic and committed person
- You have desirable experience in accounting, policy, fundraising and/or communications
- You have an ability to use your lived experience for a change
- You can help communicate and promote FDPNs’ mission, purpose and services to the community and beyond
If you nominate yourself to become a Board Director:
- Attend and actively participate in meetings;
- Stay informed about committee matters, prepare themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comment on minutes and reports;
- Serve on sub-committees;
- Build a collegiate working relationship with other board members and contribute to a consensus approach to decisions;
- Utilise your own skills, experience and knowledge to support the growth and success of FDPN;
- Have an ability to understand and interpret financial reports;
- Strong understanding of risk management;
- Help communicate and promote FDPNs’ mission, purpose and services to the community;
- Familiarise yourself with our purpose, services, resources, finances and those who we represent;
- Understand the local, national and international context and issues that FDPN represent as a peak body, including service delivery, financial aims, and policies and procedures.
- Finance, accounting, communication, fundraising, policy and/or legal background
What’s in it for you:
- This is a voluntary opportunity, however FDPN will support learning and development opportunities where possible
- As a board director you will need to be able to commit to attending a minimum of number of six of board meetings (meetings take place virtually)
- You get to work with a great team